Digital events: What’s on in November 2014 for digital people
The run up to Christmas is always a great time for events in London and 2014’s festive season looks like a cracker! Loads of amazing events and conferences coming up this month. If there are any that we’ve missed, please let me know @TetradGus
The top digital events in London – November 2014
- DON’T MISS THIS ONE! The biggest event this month is the The Digital Marketing Show at the ExCeL London. London – Price: FREE – 19th – 20th November
Shortlisted for the best trade show in 2013, the Digital Marketing Show is a content rich environment that offers visitors the opportunity to learn from a line-up of expert industry speakers, including senior digital representatives from Gumtree, Just-Eat and GoCompare.com.
Whatever the size of a business, customers now expect the same level of sophistication that ‘born digital’ businesses such as Amazon and LinkedIn deliver. The Digital Marketing Show is where marketers can go to seek up-to-the minute digital ideas, inspiration and information on how to maximise digital marketing success and modern day customer requirements.
**SPECIAL OFFER FOR MEMBERS OF OMN**: As a partner and supporter of Digital Marketing Show, we are able to offer OMN members complimentary VIP tickets, which allow exclusive access to a networking breakfast. To take advantage of this offer, please use promo code OMN here: Get your free ticket
- INTERESTING EVENT – MEANING 2014 is a conference for people who believe that business can and must be better in the 21st century. Check it out here: MEANING 2014 at Brighton Dome – Price: £190 – 18th November: 09:00 to 17:30
- A beginners guide to social media – Social Media Demystified from Love Social Media – Waterloo Academy – Price: FREE – Multiple dates
- They’ve got the ugliest event website I’ve ever seen, but a ridiculously good line up of speakers – PR and Social Media Conference The Congress Centre – Price: From £499 26th November: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- McDonald’s first hackathon in Europe – If you haven’t been to a hackathon before, once you get past the realisation that it’s a great way for brands to get free strategy from passionate people that they really should be paying for, they’re great fun! Generally you’re put into teams of people with different skill sets and given a problem that the host brand faces to solve in a period of time in return for food and drinks Rainmaking Loft – St. Katherines Docks – Price: FREE – 21st November 7:00 pm to 23rd November 8:00 pm
- DECEMBER – Dao’s Chinese Digital Marketing Event This is a marketing event helping UK brands understand how to take advantage of Chinese social platforms. The event is supported by Sina Weibo China’s leading social platform and has key presentations from Aston Villa Football Club and Qumin London’s first Anglo-Chinese Digital Marketing agency. VeLoft – Price: From £80 – 3rd December – 9AM – 2PM
If you’re going to any of these, let us know at @OMNLDN :)
Cool digital jobs we’ve heard about
- Top notch digital marketing agency Caliber Interactive – I love these guys, and the work they do… it’s very good – are recruiting for a number of SEO, account management, content strategy and copy writing positions. Check them out here.
- Speculate is a startup app-based virtual stock market game allowing players to buy and sell shares in real locations around the world. The CEO James is looking for a part time social media/community management freelancer to help build their audience and manage the blog. If you’re interested, drop James an email here.
- Forward3D – the agency with by far the coolest offices in London – are hiring
- Reprise Media A digital marketing agency that’s part of the huge IPG Mediabrands group is hiring for a Junior SEO Analyst (Technical) (click here to email Sarah Mitchell for more info) and an SEO Director (click here to email Isabelle Spencer for more info)
If you’re hiring and would like to be featured here for free please get in touch at @TetradGus
HAVE A GREAT NOVEMBER… SEE YOU AT THE DIGITAL MARKETING SHOW!
Bonus geeky joke video: