Entrepreneurial editor required for fashion start-up – Awesome job
So, this job sounds so good it deserves it’s own post! Check this out… I’m tempted to apply myself!
Location: Central London
Salary and benefits: £25,000 to £35,000 DoE + Share Options
Ready to unleash your entrepreneurial side and take a stake in a brand new, young, disruptive and fast-moving company? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for an Editor to join our start-up eCommerce retailer.
TheIdleMan (T.I.M.) will be the first menswear-specific online-only retailer in young fashion.
Backed by venture capital, we are hurtling towards a Feb 2014 launch date and are looking to recruit an Editor to create and plan all aspects of site content.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, this role will work with external creative agency and in-house digital designer to ensure The Idle Man content is original, highly relevant to the audience and always on-brand. Content will be published across site, social and mobile, to deliver the business goals as set by CEO and Marketing Director.
- Create an editorial proposition in line with our customer’s needs, constantly developing new content ideas.
- Ensure content delivers on KPIs. Specifically: increased engagement, frequency of visit and advocacy. (Measured via dwell time, shares and increased frequency of traffic).
- Ensure content audience is continuously growing.
- Work with Marketing Director and external creative agency to evolve and communicate the brand voice so it is highly relevant to the target customer.
Write content, including style advice, interviews, news stories, features and other pieces.
- Understand the target audience and ensure content is customer driven.
- Be aware of digital publishing advancements and content developments in the wider publishing world.
Skills & experience:
- Previous experience of editing/writing in a men’s fashion/lifestyle title in print and/or online.
- Experience of SEO optimization of copy.
- Passion for fashion, and menswear in particular.
- Experienced in multi-channel publishing, especially social and mobile.
- Comfortable talking about digital publishing platforms as well as editorial.
- A creative who can constantly inspire the team with innovative content ideas.
- Connected and able to attract the right talent and contributors to the team.
- Able to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Target driven and comfortable with accountability.
- Highly engaged in social media, an early adopter of social platforms.
- Has a robust understanding of the target audience.
If this sounds like the new challenge you are looking for, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org