How to trigger notifications in Google+
UPDATE:If you’re a journalist or a content creator of any sort then come along to an event that The Content Creation Collective is running on the 19th Feb that will delve into G+ as well as other channels for content creators to maximise the visibility of their work.
Have you noticed the volume of Google+ notifications you’re receiving recently has increased exponentially? Are you posting on G+ and not sure if you’re notifying those you want to?
Well here are the 17 notification triggers that Google lists to help you maximise the reach of your posts.
Whether or not these triggers will actually get the notifications you’re looking for depends on the account settings of the profiles you’re targeting. The notifications will be in the form of the red notification button, an app notification, an email or even an SMS.
17 actions that trigger notifications:
- Mention them in a post
- Share a post with them directly
- Share a post and you’re in a circle they subscribe to
- Comment on a post they created
- Comment on a post after they comment on it
- Add them to a circle
- Suggest new people to add to their circles
- Tag them in a photo
- Tag one of their photos
- Suggest a profile photo for them
- Comment on a photo after they comment on it
- Comment on a photo they are tagged in
- Comment on a photo they tagged
- Start a conversation with them
- Send them an invitation or update an event
- Remind them about events
- Any activity on events they created
NB: I’m hearing more and more people talking about changing their settings due to how often they’re getting these notifications these days. If you over do this, you’re in danger of your networks uncircling you!
If you’ve found this post useful please add me to your circles to get updates from OMN about events, posts and all the other things we’re getting up to this year.